"One On One"

"ONE ON ONE"
w/Ben "Ben Jammin" Duncombe

8.6.09
BLOW INTERVIEW




We welcome you to another edition of “One-on-One” here at TWFSE.com. We apologize for the delay as our website has been down, but we are back up and running now and ready to bring you all of the great TWF action to you. This week’s guest is none other than the fine-linen wearin’, South Beach tannin’, and hot babe carryin’ wrestler here in TWF. He is none other than Blow.


Ben Jammin: Blow, we thank you for joining us for this week’s edition of “One-on-One.”


Blow: Well, of course you should be thanking me. With a star of my caliber, my appearance on this segment has been long overdue.


Ben Jammin: Ahh, yeah… anyway, Blow, many of us know you as the wrestler here in TWF, but many of us don’t know much about your life outside of the ring. Rumors in the back say that you actually own and manage several businesses down in the Miami area, one of which being your own hotel. Is that true?


Blow: As a matter of fact, that is true. I own a very nice luxury hotel right on the beach in Miami, along with a restaurant, and three major night clubs. I graduated from the University of Miami with a degree in Business, so I definitely have made a good use of that education and try to stay diversified, besides what I do in the ring.


Ben Jammin: Impressive. I would have to say that in the last several months, you must have done very well for yourself.


Blow: What is that suppose to mean?


Ben Jammin: Well, if your hotel, restaurant, night clubs, etc. are as impressive as you make them out to be, and with them being in Miami, a big Spring Break hot spot, then I would have to assume that business has been good to you in the last several months.


Blow: Oh… right… of course…Spring Break. Yeah, with all of the college co-eds and young adults that come down for Spring break, I DO definitely do well. Having all of these beautiful people come down and basically let go of all inhibitions for this stretch of time is a great way to make money in Miami, especially if they are too drunk and too wasted to know how much money they are actually spending. Spring Break is always the biggest time of the year for everyone down in Miami, so we all take full advantage of it.


Ben Jammin: Any particular times when it has gotten out of control?


Blow: Ha..it always gets out of control every year. That’s just Miami, but nothing that I and my guys running the place can’t handle.


Ben Jammin: I see, so with that, let’s transition back into wrestling. First off, how did you break into professional wrestling and how did you come to TWF?


Blow: Well, I began to watch wrestling during my days in college. I had never watched any before, although I did know some of the big names from wrestling. I think it was my fraternity guys who first got me hooked. We were hanging out one night in our house and they turned it on after classes. I had never watched it before, but I was definitely hooked by the end of the night. As months passed, I had dreams of becoming a great professional wrestler, but part of me never saw it as a realistic idea financially, so I continued to focus on my education. After college, as I was beginning to set up some of my business ventures; I ran into some financial troubles, and I had to find some ways to supplement my income until I could get these businesses underway and stable. At that point, I had just met Alejandro Pena and Alexander Romanoff. Romanoff and Pena were two of my guys that I found to run security and help out at my first night club. I talked them into the idea of doing some wrestling on the side as a way to get more income, so we decided to form a team together and compete at lots of independent shows in the Miami and south Florida area. In all of this, we became very close and became almost like each other’s family as we traveled. We eventually heard of TWF beginning to form and decided to at least try and take our wrestling careers to the next level, even though things had stabilized in my other businesses. I still am a businessman at heart, and still want to make money no matter what avenue I am in, so all in all, I guess you could even say that I am true example of an American success story.


Ben Jammin: Yeah, I guess maybe you could. So let’s go on from there and talk about your early days of TWF.


Blow: When TWF began, the three of us (Romanoff, Pena, and I) made our mark by showing our dominance over Hip-HHHHoop (2Pac, 50 Cent and Ice Cube). To be honest, I never saw them as any real threat to us being the most dominant group in TWF. We faced them in an elimination tables match at the first TWF CPV and swept them. After that, there was no doubt in my mind that we could all have been champions here very quickly, because Romanoff and Pena wanted to start tagging together and go after the tag titles, and I knew that I could win any singles title that I wanted. It was just a matter of time. Then, we got completely blindsided and lost our entire focus as a unit.


Ben Jammin: By that, I would have to assume you mean the disappearance of Alejandro Pena and the beginning of your feud with the Death Cell.


Blow: Of course moron! What did you think I meant? I went out on the town one night and had a good time as usual, but Pena told me that he wasn’t feeling that good and decided to stay back at the hotel where we were staying. Romanoff was away but joined back up with us the following morning, and when we went to Pena’s room, he was gone. We thought that maybe he left earlier or that we miscommunicated about where we were going to meet up, but he was no where to be found. After that, when we heard that something happened to Ramon (Ramon Zombie), I knew that somehow the two were related. Then, Ramon shows up all different and freaky, so we had no choice but to try and talk to him about Pena, and when that didn’t work, beat the answers out of him. I was pissed. We were such a close family that in addition to hurting our team and possibly our bottom line, to have him just seemingly vanish just set me off. Romanoff was more upset and frustrated, and I was just pissed. That’s one main difference between us, my anger helps me to focus and take charge, while Romanoff just couldn’t focus; and that’s why I am the leader of the MCC. In the end, all of our hard work went for nothing as that turncoat Pena decided to join “the dark side” or whatever the hell he turned into. Romanoff couldn’t believe it, but we turned around and got someone even more talented than Pena.


Ben Jammin: Yes, I definitely have to say that gaining Jesus Jones was a huge gain for the MCC. We had heard for quite a while from TWF’s “Wrestling Factory” that he was a young talent to look out for.


Blow: Yeah, of course. He has the talent and the ability, but he needed the focus of someone like me to push him and mold him towards greatness. With his help, we showed the soon to be known “Death Cell” who the real force was in TWF. Jesus filled in Pena’s slot very nicely and has done more for us than Pena ever could have done. Pena’s loss will always be our gain. With Jesus, we soundly beat down the Death Cell.


Ben Jammin: Yes, you won the 3 on 2 handicap match at “Appetite 4 Destruction” back in 2007 and as a result, won the right to not only make matches for the next CPV, but even have the event named after you.


Blow: Absolutely! Without a doubt, “Coke-Per-View” was the best CPV in TWF history! While everyone got to see a fantastic CPV, including Romanoff sticking it to Pena inside a steel cage, the only thing wrong with it was that jackass, Paul Heyman, coming in and adding Ramon Zombie as the special guest referee for my world championship match. This was supposed to be our night. We won the right to make the matches that we wanted, but Heyman came in and screwed me out of my night of greatness. Heyman has always had a thing against me, and he showed it again by screwing me out of my, rightfully earned, championship match. He then again showed it by sticking me inside Hell in a Cell against Ramon Zombie a few weeks later, so yeah Heyman has had it out for me, but I have shown him over and over that he can’t push me around or drive me out of TWF.


Ben Jammin: Well, in edition to that, “Coke-Per-View” was also the debut of Darkerius, which then turned this feud against the Death Cell into a 3 on 3 rivalry, and eventually lead to the first-ever, “Chamber of Death” match at “Homicidal Tendencies,” which by far was not your best night.


Blow: What did you expect? It was their match!


Ben Jammin: Yeah, but myself along with many others, never expected the MCC to get swept by the Death Cell. Add to the fact, you weren’t even the last member of the MCC to be eliminated that night. Jesus Jones was, and he had an incredible showing before being the final member of the cartel to be eliminated.


Blow: Yeah, whatever… Again, it was their match, and I definitely was not feeling 100% that night, so it was as simple as that. Yeah, Jesus did a pretty good job that evening, but he wasn’t able to win the match for us, which is the bottom line, so I don’t really see the big deal in all of it.


Ben Jammin: Well on that point, I would like to talk to you about the recent draft here in TWF. Not only did we see the MCC get split up, but we also saw you, the leader of the MCC, get picked AFTER both Jesus Jones and Alexander Romanoff. As most of us could tell that night, you were pretty ticked. I guess I would like to know how you feel now that some time has passed?


Blow: Of course I was pissed, but now that I think about it, I can’t say that I am that surprised of how it turned out.


Ben Jammin: REALLY!?!? How do you figure that?


Blow: It’s simple, we already know how much Heyman hates me, so he simply picked Jesus and said he was

“the most talented member of the MCC” crap just to stick it to me. Plain and simple! Romanoff’s pick was just out of sheer ignorance. Rika may be good to look at it, but she is clearly not that bright. I still have no idea why TWF management even made her the new general manager of Saturday Slam. Romanoff is a strong, tough guy, but he lacks the direction to be a major player in this business on his own, so I have no idea why Rika took him away from us. She keeps saying how much he was getting “held back” and “never getting a chance to shine.” That is COMPLETE B.S.! Romanoff needed my direction in order to have any success here in TWF, so good luck to Rika is all I can say.


Ben Jammin: OK, while I know many would not agree with you on that opinion, but I guess time will have to tell on that. Anyway, since both you and Jesus are on Turmoil, I guess we can still plan on seeing the two of you working together.


Blow: Absolutely! Jesus and I are still a team, and you can bet that Turmoil will better for it. Jesus is in contention for the Heritage Title, and I will always be in contention for the World Heavyweight Title; however, if Jesus were smart, he would consider the World Tag Team Championship a smart goal to work for right now with me.


Ben Jammin: Why would you say that?


Blow: Don’t get me wrong, Jesus is very talented. He wouldn’t be with me if he weren’t, but there is no way that he is at the level yet to seriously become a singles champion. He is a lot like Romanoff; a lot of potential but not much direction. That is why he still needs me because without me right now, he won’t go very far. Us teaming together would allow him to be on a bigger stage, just as long as he listens to me and learns from my experience. We would be unstoppable as a tag team, so I really think he should focus on that for the time being.


Ben Jammin: That is also interesting because there has been a lot of talk in the back here at TWF, and many believe that it is just the opposite. They feel that without Jesus, you won’t go very far anymore since you won’t have anyone to do your dirty work for you. In fact, it has even been suggested that you are actually jealous of the attention that Jesus has been getting from both Paul Heyman and TWF management, and that Jesus could surpass YOU, especially if gets a shot at winning a singles title since you have been unsuccessful in your opportunities at winning one.


Blow: OK, that is a load of B.S.! Anyone who says that stuff really does not know what they are talking about. I am the man here in TWF, not Jesus. Jesus would not be anything without me right now! Jealous?!?! I don’t think so. I am just pissed off at being held back by these idiots running TWF, and them not seeing a true star like me when someone is right in front of them and never being treated properly. I can see that you and everyone else here are just trying to stir up problems between me and Jesus by how you keep trying to insinuate that there is something going on, so frankly this interview is over! Good luck at trying to have me back here on this show again!

(Stands up and Walks off)


Ben Jammin: Ahh, well, I can see that I seem to have hit a nerve with Blow to say the least. With that, I guess we wrap up another segment of “One-on-One” here on TWFSE.com. Make sure to check out all of the upcoming episodes of Turmoil and Saturday Slam and for all our of your TWF updates. Until the next time, I am “Ben Jammin” and I am outta here!



1.10.08 -
HANSEL INTERVIEW



Happy New Year to all of our fans and supporters here on TWFSE.com! We hope that all of you enjoyed the holiday season and that you brought in 2009 in style. We welcome you yet again to another edition of “One-on-One”; the program that interviews your favorite TWF wrestlers and asks them the in-depth questions that you want to know. Please feel free to leave your comments about what you think and who you would like to see interviewed in the weeks and months to come, and we will do our best to make it happen, since you, as the fans, make TWF happen.

Speaking of bringing in 2009 in style, we would like to welcome our first guest of the New Year to “One-on-One.” Our guest can definitely be said to be the top man here in TWF as we begin 2009. He is none other than the current World Heavyweight Champion, the leader of GQ, and the self-professed “Best Wrestler on the Planet”; he is none other than Hansel.

Ben Jammin: Hansel, we would like to welcome here to the first edition of “One-on-One” to kick off 2009.

Hansel: Thank you, the pleasure is all yours I am sure since I am none other than the World Heavyweight Champion.

Ben Jammin: Umm, yeah, anyway, Hansel…

Hansel: Actually, address me as “Champ.” It fits so well for me since of course, I am.

Ben Jammin: Ahh, OK… Champ (rolling eyes a bit)… I must say you had a fantastic ending to 2008 to say the least. After suffering a severe neck injury at the Big Bang Theory that put you out of action for several months, you came back and received an opportunity to compete in the Money in the Bank Rumble Match at “Showcase of Stars” and overcame five other competitors to receive an opportunity at the World Championship whenever you wanted. Then, in the very same night, you cashed in your opportunity and walked out of “Showcase of Stars” as the World Champion. And if that wasn’t enough, you became the first wrestler to defeat Yasuke Nomura here in TWF. I must say, I can’t think of how you could have ended a year any better than that.

Hansel: You are right. 2008 ended in GQ style all of the way. I defeated five top-line wrestlers in the Rumble Match and showed once again why I am truly am the best the “Best Wrestler on the Planet” and worthy to be called such. But did I stop there, of course not. I cashed in my shot at the perfect moment and became Champion, defeating the seemingly unstoppable Yasuke Nomura nonetheless. I have cemented my place in wrestling history as being one of the all-time greats.

Ben Jammin: After what happened that night, it is definitely hard to dispute that. So…Champ, a question that has been burning in my mind since “Showcase of Stars” is, was it your plan all along to cash in your title match that same night if you won it, knowing that whoever walked out of the 4-way TLC match would be very weakened, or was it something that you decided at the spur of the moment?

Hansel: Well, first, you must remember that Hansel always has a plan. Second, it was not a question of “if” I won, but “when” I won the Money in the Bank. You see, to be where I am now, you must have all of the confidence in yourself to go where you want to go and be willing to do whatever it takes to get there. If not, I would be like everyone else who just wishes that they could be where I am now. But to be fair to your question, I actually did wait to see what would happen in that TLC match. I knew that I was at the biggest show in TWF’s history and wanted to see if now would be the opportune moment to cash in with everyone watching. I figured that no one would suspect that I would cash it in so quickly. In fact, I knew that everyone would be so preoccupied with the TLC match that they would have completely forgotten all about Hansel. Then, after Brock Lesnar and Yasuke had to wrestle each other in a second match, I knew that this would be my moment. Yasuke won, but he had taken two F-5s and was bleeding pretty badly from his forehead, so I knew it was destiny and that it was my moment to be immortalized in wrestling history. So, to answer your question, I knew that I might have my shot that night, but I still waited to see what would happen. So, as they say, timing is everything!

Ben Jammin: I see. I, along with many others, expected you to wait to cash in your shot. I was definitely shocked to hear your music play as Yasuke received the championship belt and was stunned that you were cashing in your shot so quickly. I definitely can not argue that “Showcase of Stars” was GQ’s night, with not only you winning Money in the Bank and the World Championship, but with The Male Models winning the World Tag Team Championship on top of that. Now granted, you had a big part in that happening.

Hansel: Well, there you see, it just shows you and everyone else, that I am not only the “Best Wrestler on the Planet,” but I am also the “Greatest Mind in Wrestling.”

Ben Jammin: Ahh, excuse me…

Hansel: Yes, you heard me. You see, to be the best in the business, you do not necessarily have to be the biggest or the strongest, but you definitely have to be the smartest. I proved that I am the smartest not only by cashing in my Money in the Bank privilege at that moment, but by also helping the Male Models become the World Tag Team Champions. I took two men who were already good wrestlers and made them not only great, but World Champions. I helped make them so great that they toppled the mighty R.O.I.D.S., who everyone said was unbeatable and particularly for two men who were so much smaller than they were. If anyone had said a year ago that they thought that the Male Models would defeat R.O.I.D.S. and become tag team champions, everyone would have laughed at the thought. Who is laughing now? It happened, and I have shown that I can take two men like this and take them right to the top. So you see, I have it all: the wrestling ability and the mind that naturally leads to greatness.

Ben Jammin: Yes, but many say that the Male Models would not have won had you not interfered in their match.

Hansel: But again, it shows how intelligent I truly am. I took full advantage of TWF’s “No Disqualification, No Count out” policy. I came in at the perfect moment and helped turned the tide of the battle. So you see, once again, I am the “Greatest Mind in Wrestling.”

Ben Jammin: Interesting point and I definitely can’t argue with how much you have helped the Male Models progress to where they are now. With all of your success as of late, I, along with many fans, would like to know if there are any wrestlers that you idolize, inspire you, or have help define who you are as a wrestler?

Hansel: Well, since I am the “Best Wrestler on the Planet,” I have always idolized wrestlers who were simply great at wrestling. While I believe in style and flare, your ability in the ring is always the most important. I would say that some of the people that have inspired me would be wrestlers like Ricky Steamboat and Randy Savage. Their match in the Pontiac Silverdome back in 1987 in front of 93,000 people is still a match that inspires me to this day. Both were about my height and weight, and they put on one of the best pure wrestling matches of all time. Many probably did not expect that either one of them would be world champions, simply because of their size, yet they proved everyone wrong just a few years later, just as I proved everyone wrong here. I would have to say that those two inspire me the most, since they most resemble my style of wrestling.

Ben Jammin: No argument from me that those two set the standard for smaller wrestlers, especially with that match. I must admit that the two of them are also two of my favorite wrestlers of all time as well. Anyway, moving on, while we can all see that your time off from your injury appears to have been helpful, many of us would like to know what you did during your time off?

Hansel: Ah yes! Well, I must admit that during the first part of my time off, I caught up in watching movies. (small laugh) I really was not permitted to do much with my neck in the shape that it was, so I caught up on my rest and watched a lot of movies. I must admit that I did watch “Zoolander” again, and for anyone who does not already know, Owen Wilson played the part based on my life in modeling before wrestling. I actually have only watched the movie once before my time off. It is just not the kind of film that I normally like to watch normally, but I had to watch it again. While Owen Wilson is a great actor, no one could fully embody and represent “Hansel” like myself, but he did a good job nonetheless. In regards to my video on Turmoil, watching the film again gave me the idea to use it upon my glorious return to TWF. Anyway, simply stating it, I am a huge movie buff, mostly of older classic films of the past like Casablanca and others of that sort, but I do like some modern films as well. I like a lot of different genres, but dramas are probably my favorite. After my neck healed enough to do more, I obviously used my time to get back in shape to prepare for my return to the ring. The best way that I did this was to slowly ease back into my training routine, and that was done by swimming. Many do not know this but growing up, I was a competitive swimmer and won many championships. I just loved being in the pool and practice my swimming, and I forgot how much I love it. In fact, if I did not go into modeling when I did, I would have liked to try and train for the Olympics and see how far I could have gone in my swimming career. Anyway, I did do a lot of swimming during my time off to help me get back into shape for the ring. I find it to be the best exercise one can do since you can get both cardio and strength training done at the same time. In addition, it was one of the best exercises I could do to put the least amount of strain on my neck until it was fully healed. I must admit that I still love swimming and wish I had more time to do it, but I am happy in my wrestling career and have no regrets.

Ben Jammin: Wow, interesting Hans… I mean “Champ.” Speaking of your days in modeling, another question that many have asked is how and why did you decide to enter professional wrestling and leave the modeling world?

Hansel: Well, I guess I felt that I had accomplished as much as I wanted to in the modeling world, and being the athlete that I am, I just missed being in some sort of competitive athletic sport. Unfortunately, I knew that trying to go back into competitive swimming was impossible at that point in my life, and I randomly heard of a wrestling training camp not too far from where I lived at the time, so I decided to give it a chance. If I had to be completely honest, I really did not think I would take to wrestling very well when I first started. I felt that I would have too hard of a time making the transition, but in the end, I think I even surprised myself at how well and how quickly I picked it up. I had only been wrestling for about 6 months to a year, when I heard of TWF starting up and decided to give it a chance as I was still just starting out my wrestling career. The rest is history; two years after joining TWF and only being in wrestling a little over three years, I am already a world champion. Sometimes I even surprise myself, which I must admit is not often, at how much I have accomplished, and how much more I can still have left to accomplish. Did I enjoy my time in modeling, absolutely. Do I regret my decision to leave modeling, not really. I felt that I made the right decision at that time and have no regrets about it whatsoever.

Ben Jammin: Interesting. Is there anything else that you like to do in your down time?

Hansel: In addition to movies and swimming, my other great down-time activity would be comedy. I love to watch a lot of different types of comedians and love to see great new comedic routines that are out there. I admit that I did like to be the class-clown growing up and also just loved any good comedy. One of the saddest moments for me in 2008, besides my injury, was the untimely passing of Bernie Mac. While the death of Heath Ledger made the greatest amount of media coverage, Bernie Mac’s untimely passing hit me much harder. I felt that he was an extremely funny man, and I just felt that his death was a great lost to the entertainment industry as a whole. He was a person who made me laugh throughout his entire career, and I know that I will miss him and his work. But anyway, anything related to comedy will always grab my attention.

Ben Jammin: Would you ever consider sharing or doing any comedy during your time in TWF?

Hansel: Who knows, I may choose to when the timing is right. As I have already said, timing is everything!

Ben Jammin: Well put. Well, I know I will be looking forward to that possibility at some point in the future. Well, our time is nearly up for this week, but thank you joining us Hans…I mean “Champ.”

Hansel: You are very welcome and once again, all of you should look forward to the GQ era to reign supreme here in TWF for many years to come, so I know that this will be one of many interviews I am sure.

Ben Jammin: Umm, yeah, anyway, we would to thank all of our fans for joining us here for “One-on-One” here on TWFSE.com. We will back here next week with our next edition so please do not miss it. Please continue to check out TWFSE.com for all your TWF news and episodes of Turmoil and Saturday Slam, particularly with the fallout from the draft and the upcoming re-debut of Saturday Slam.

Until next time, I am Ben Jammin for “One-on-One” and I am outta here.





12.18.08 -
EVA DREAM INTERVIEW




We welcome everyone to another edition of “One-on-One” with Ben “Ben Jammin” Duncombe here on TWFSE.com. First off, we would like to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season and may everyone stay safe, be smart, and have a wonderful time with friends and family during the next 2 weeks. Also, we would like to let everyone know that we will not have our next edition of “One-on-One” until the week of January 5th due to the holidays, so we look forward to seeing you back here in 2009.

This week’s guest is no stranger to TWF and made her long-anticipated return at “Showcase of Stars”. She has been known as the “Brickhouse of TWF” and is the former TWF Women’s Champion; she is none other than Eva Dream!

Ben Jammin: Eva, it is an absolute pleasure to have you here on “One-on-One,” and it is even more exciting to see you back here in TWF after being away for so long.

Eva: Thanks Ben! It is definitely feels good to be back here, doing what I love to do.

Ben Jammin: Well, the first question that I have to ask is how do you feel after being out for so long?

Eva: To be honest, I feel great, and I really do not feel like I have lost a step. I was worried that I would have some ring rust after my time off, but I really don’t feel any. While I definitely do not like how I was forced out of action, I must admit that I needed time away from the ring very badly. I was feeling so tired and so overwhelmed by so many things. The worst of which was feeling the pressure of being the women’s champion, partially because I was carrying the Women’s Division on my shoulders and helping to prove that we are just as good as the male wrestlers here in TWF. The other part was feeling the pressure of being the champion and having everyone gunning for me. I was starting to feel completely drained and not like myself, both in and out of the ring. I felt angrier, more edgy, and a lot more upset than I normally am, so I was not real pleasant to be around. The time off allowed by body to heal and get back to 100%, plus it helped to clear my mind and get everything back in focus and get perspective. In the end, I really feel like I am back to my old self, and that is a much healthier place to be.

Ben Jammin: That is definitely good hear, and that you used your time off as an advantage. Well, you came off your layover and made your big return at “Showcase of Stars,” but I must admit, it was not as triumphant as it definitely could have been. You definitely looked great in that triple-threat match, but unfortunately did come out and regain the Women’s Title. How did you feel that you fared in your first match back?

Eva: I felt pretty good for the most part. I must admit that much of my focus was on getting my hands on Halle Berry for putting me out of action, so I must admit that winning the title was probably not my first thought. I did also want to wrestle Cola. I really felt that I had something to prove after losing the Women’s Title to her, and show everyone that I was back to my old self and meant business. I definitely do not hold anything against Cola Dasani. She cleanly beat me for the title and has really come into her own here in TWF, so she is a worthy Women’s Champion. I do look forward to getting to getting in the ring with her again and having some great matches, but I must admit, that little bitch Halle is still the first priority on my mind.

Ben Jammin: I can imagine she is. Many say she stole the title at “S.o.S.,” what do you think?

Eva: I think that is very true. To be honest, I have no idea why Paul Heyman put her in the match to begin with. She clearly lost the #1 contenders match on Turmoil, and then attacked Kitty Komet in the back afterwards. I just don’t think that it is cool for Heyman to give the perpetrator of the crime an opportunity like that, even though I wanted to get my hands on her so bad. She did play it smart during the match; I will admit that. At the end, Cola was trying to hit that spinning heel kick on her, and she ducked out of the way, and it caught me right in the face and knocked me completely out. Then she threw Cola into that exposed turnbuckle and stole the pin. I have to admit, she played it smart for a triple-threat match, but her day is coming, and that is a fact. If everyone remembers, I beat Halle to become the first-ever Women’s Champion, and I have no problems beating again to regain it.

Ben Jammin: I look forward to seeing that rematch to say the least. Speaking of which, you did defeat Halle Berry at the one-night special “Diva Domination” back in March 2007. There have been a lot of rumblings in the back and with TWF Management about having another all-women’s special or CPV. What do you think about that?

Eva: I would absolutely love to see us have another exclusive special like “Diva Domination.” I believe that we have shown that we can wrestle just as well as the men here in TWF and would love to have another chance to do our own show. As we see in other wrestling organizations, women’s wrestling is completely second-rate, and the women they have are not much more than pretty eye candy. We can actually wrestle here in TWF and put on great matches with a variety of different women of different shapes and sizes and still maintain our femininity. Basically what that means is that we can look great and still kick your ass, all at the same time. (laugh) We actually get out there and wrestle, so I would definitely love to see us do another all-woman event here in TWF.

Ben Jammin: I would love to see that event myself, and I agree; you ladies have clearly proven that you are the real deal here in TWF. Moving on, Eva, who would you say that your greatest opponent has been here in TWF?

Eva: Wow, that is a hard one. Ummmmm…. To be honest, I still think my greatest opponent here would have to be Mariah. I actually think we were the first official women’s rivalry here in TWF, even before we had the Women’s Championship. After our problems that one night as a tag team, which I still do not understand to this day why she accused me of not holding up my end, we had a brutal feud with each other, concluding at “After the Lovin” in the “Divas L.A. Street Fight”. That match was completely crazy and brutal, and we took women’s wrestling to a whole new level that night. I think that was the night that we, as the women of TWF, showed that we were the real deal and that we were a force to be reckoned with in wrestling.

Ben Jammin: No disagreements from my end about that one. That match, in my opinion, probably stole the show that night. Another question that many fans ask about is the “Dream Machine.” I have to admit, as many do, that when you apply it, it just seems to come out of no where and is completely devastating. How have you come to perfect that move?

Eva: Wow, there are a lot of reasons why I guess, but probably the best reason is my training regimen. For me to hit an opponent for the “Dream Machine,” I have to target two areas in particular for extra strength training, and those would be my shoulders and my quads. I really need a lot of strength in both of those areas to spring my opponent up into the air to bring them down for the “Dream Machine.” The two exercises that help the most are doing shoulder press and doing squats for my quads, since they isolate those muscles the best. There are probably a few more reasons, but I would say that my training is the most important, and I am very strict about my exercise schedule.

Ben Jammin: Yes, I can definitely tell how much you work out and train your legs to get that move perfected.

Eva: Yes, I can imagine how much you look at my legs when I am in the ring (laugh).

Ben Jammin: Umm, no I didn’t mean it like that I mean I notice that you do train really hard and keep yourself in great shape to be in the ring.

Eva: Oh, so you notice all of me when I am the ring and how good I look, don’t you Ben Jammin? From the top of my hair, down to my little black wrestling suit, all the way down to my cute white sneakers huh? (wink and laugh).

Ben Jammin: Umm, ummm, yeah, ummm, well…

Eva: (laughing) I am just messing with you (wink).

Ben Jammin: Ummm, yeah… anyway… moving on …. Besides your training schedule, what other things do you like to outside of the ring for fun or to relax?

Eva: Well, there a lot of things I like to. I definitely love to be outside, but one thing in particular is to go bicycling. Just to be out in nature and enjoy the surroundings is always something I fun for me. Basically anything that requires being outdoors is something I love to do. I also love to cook. With being on the road so much, to make a home-cooked meal is always a treat and something I don’t always get to do. Making anything Italian is always fun for me. I must admit I also like to do more “girly” things to unwind like taking a nice-soaking bubble bath after a long day and definitely go shopping. My older sister and I always love to go shopping the day after Christmas and catch up on all of the after-Christmas sales. It’s kind of a tradition for the two of us to go out and have a little fun and blow some cash on some great looking things at cheap prices.

Ben Jammin: Ah, yes, definitely not my forte, but definitely a fun time if you enjoy it. Finally, since you brought it up, what are your plans for the holidays?

Eva: Well, I am definitely going to visit my parents and sister, along with her husband and son. My nephew just turned one, and he is the cutest. I am definitely looking forward to seeing him this year since seeing a little kid on Christmas morning makes things even more special, I think, so that is something I am looking forward to. Just spending time with my family and, as I mentioned, going on my shopping trip with my sister.

Ben Jammin: Sounds great to me, and I hope that you do have a great time. Well, that about wraps our time here this week on “One-on-One,” but it was definitely a pleasure to have you on this week Eva, and I know that we all look forward to you getting another shot at Halle Berry and the Women’s Title sometime in the near future.

Eva: Thanks, and I definitely know that you are looking forward to seeing “ME” in the ring with her very soon (wink and laugh).

Ben Jammin: Ummm…. Yeah…. anyway, ah just a quick reminder to our fans, and hopefully I will not put my other foot in my mouth while saying this, that again we will not have a segment of One-on-One till after the new year, so we look forward to seeing you again to kick off 2009. Also, please keep up to date with all the events of TWF and, our sister show, CAW Funhouse here on TWFSE.com. Until next time, this is Ben Jammin signing out, Happy Holidays, and see ya later!


12.12. 08 -
PRINCE STEFFAN INTERVIEW



Welcome to the first edition of TWF’s “One-on One” with Ben “Ben Jammin” Duncombe. For those of you who don’t know, this will be a weekly segment here on TWFSE.com where we will sit down and talk one on one with some the superstars of TWF and get to know them a little more in depth..


After coming off quite possibly the biggest CPV of all time at “Showcase of Stars 2008,” and with the draft just around the corner, we would start “One-on-One” in style by introducing our first guest. He came off S.o.S with a huge victory and continues to show us that he is a big-time player here in TWF. He is none other than the “Man of 1,001 reversals,” and the current TWF Heritage Champion, he is none other than Prince Steffan.



Ben Jammin: Prince Steffan, we welcome you here to our first edition of “One-on-One.”

Steffan: Thank you. It’s honor to be here.

Ben Jammin: So, coming off of a huge victory at “Showcase of Stars” over Blow in the steel cage, retaining your Heritage Championship, and getting some sweet revenge on Blow for all of his attacks on you since you first one the Heritage title; I know this a dumb question, but I will ask it anyway, how does it feel?

Steffan: Well, it feels bloody good to say the least. With all of the garbage that he has given me since I became the Heritage Champion, and even before that, it felt wonderful to finally give to him what he deserved.

Ben Jammin: I can imagine hitting the Killa-wham on him which led to you escaping the cage was particularly sweet.

Steffan: You can bet it was and that is what I think when they mean having a “sweet victory.”

Ben Jammin: I can believe it. You mentioned briefly about the troubles that Blow has given you since you became the Heritage Champion, but even before that. Could you explain that to us?

Steffan: Yes, for those who may not remember, back in the summer of 2007, I had just come off my series of wins over the Rock and was getting attention and momentum. In fact, I got the attention of the then TWF World Champion, Munich. Munich addressed me backstage and said that he was impressed at what I had been able to do in such a short period of time, and he offered me a world title match for sometime in the near future. My jaw bloody hit the floor. I could not believe it, and I definitely was ready for the challenge and could not believe for good fortune. But then guess who decided to show up; yes, that wanker Blow. Due to the fact that the Miami Coke Cartel had just won the privileges of making matches for the next CPV, Blow stole my world title match against Munich and gave it to himself. In the end, he “royally” lost to Munich when he got his shot. In contrast, look where I am. I EARNED my shot at the Heritage Championship, and unlike Blow, I actually won. That is something that I still have not forgotten about and has made me want to get an opportunity to put Blow in his place. So, in a twisted way, I would actually like to thank Blow for jumping me. If he had not, I would not have had the opportunity to bloody embarrass him at our biggest CPV ever. Thanks Blow!

Ben Jammin: Ha.. Interesting way to put that. Now, another wrestler that you know very well, and who also turned a lot of heads at “Showcase of Stars” would be none other than the new TWF World Champion, Hansel. Now, you and Hansel are certainly no strangers to each other, having several classic matches with one another, including the ladder match where you won the Heritage Title. I guess I would like to get your feelings on his win and what you think of it.

Steffan: Well, first off I would like to say that while Hansel and I do not see eye to eye on many things, I do have all of the respect in the world for him in regards to his wrestling ability. He is definitely one of the top stars here and it was a matter of time before he became a champion. Am I surprised that we won the Money in the Bank match? Absolutely not, since he is that talented. Am I surprised in how and when he decided to cash that opportunity in? That would also be a no. While Hansel is definitely one of the best wrestlers here in TWF, he still is very much a snake in the grass that I will never trust. How he won the Money in the Bank Rumble match was despicable in how he used the chair to defeat Yedo Jashii in the end, since it looked like he might not have gotten it done without taking that route. He also cashed it in after there were technically two world championship matches and no matter who won at the end would have had next to nothing left. Despite all of that, he did make history at “Showcase of Stars” and became the new World Champion, in addition to be the first person to defeat Yasuke Nomura.

Ben Jammin: Yes, I, like many others, expected that Hansel was going to buy his time before cashing in his shot, but nonetheless, he did make history with his actions on several levels. The two of you have competed in so many different types of matches together; it almost seems like he brings out the best in you in the ring.

Steffan: I would agree to that. We have wrestled in regular one-on-one matches, iron man matches, 4-way matches, TLC matches, and then our ladder match when I won the Heritage Championship, and each time we kept pushing each other and taking each other to places we had not been before, so I would definitely agree that he brings out the best in me, and I would like to think I bring out the best in him as well. But, as a reminder to our new world champion, if my memory is correct, I have won every encounter that we have had against one another in a one-on-one contest. (laugh) So, you can believe that I am very interested that Hansel is our new World Champion. And I have no doubt that if Hansel would put that championship on the line against me, I guarantee that my loss record against Hansel would not change (laugh).

Ben Jammin: Wow, that definitely sounds like a challenge has been laid out to our new world champion, so it definitely appears that he will have no shortage of challengers, regardless of how the draft plays out. Speaking of which are you concerned about the draft and how it will affect you?

Steffan: Not really. Both of our GMs will create excellent matches and shows for our TWF fans, so I am too worried on which brand I will end up on.

Ben Jammin: Good attitude to have to say the least. Now, another question that many have been dying to ask is why do you choose to wrestle bare-foot in the ring?

Steffan: Well, that is a very interesting question. To be honest, when I first started to watch wrestling, some of my favorite matches that I would watch tapes of would of the von Erichs. I think I can say that I first got the idea of wrestling barefoot was by watching Kevin von Erich, since he also wrestled barefoot. I was told that he liked to simply because he gave him a better ability to move around the ring and have more freedom. I tried to wrestle with boots on at first, but I found that I could have better movement in the ring without them, and I must say I do feel more comfortable doing the “Royal Sault” by being barefoot, so that is really the only reason I choose to wrestle that way.

Ben Jammin: Well, that answers that burning question, and speaking of other burning questions and getting into the wrestling business, I have a tough question for you Prince and it has two words….STACY KIEBLER!

Steffan: OUCH! You blokes definitely pull no punches on this show do you? (laugh)

Ben Jammin: (Laugh) Yeah, that’s why we get paid the big bucks here in TWF, so beware to all superstars in TWF who dare come to One-on-One (laugh) but anyway, a lot of fans have been wondering what happened with the two of you since she was with you as your valet/manager when you first started in TWF and then all of a sudden, we didn’t see her anymore. I did hear rumors that she was also instrumental in getting you here into TWF, but we just wanted to ask what happened from your perspective.

Steffan: Wow, well…that is definitely not something I have thought about in a while. It was true that Stacy did find me on the independents and was responsible for bringing me here to TWF. It is also true that we did date a bit behind the scenes and that our relationship was not completely business in nature. However, it did not last very long, in that, I knew that her heart was set on going to Hollywood and getting involved in your entertainment industry, so I knew that anything we had would not last, even though I have to admit part of me wishes it would have.

Ben Jammin: Do you hold anything against Stacy for leaving?

Steffan: At first I think might have, just because I may have thought we were closer than we actually were. But not too long afterwards, I became so involved in my wrestling career, that time passing and me focusing on my life here in TWF helped me not to think about it anymore. Actually, her leaving helped me to focus even harder on my wrestling career. I had to make my own decisions and work harder in the ring, and not have Stacy there to do some of that for me made me do that. Being only 23 years old, being on my own made me mature quicker and dedicate myself more to becoming better, so in some ways, it was a good thing that she decided to leave, because I may not be in the position that I am now if she had not. In the end, I definitely wish her the best her acting career and hope she does well in it. I find that holding grudges for things such as this only hurt both people involved, so I hold no ill will to Stacy for what she did.

Ben Jammin: Well, finally, since we have the holiday season is now in full swing, how do you, Prince Steffan, plan on spending your upcoming holiday?

Steffan: Ahh, yes. I must admit that this time of the year is definitely my favorite. First, with how busy I am with my wrestling career and being here in TWF, it is one of the few times of the year I can take a breath and relax. Second, it is one of the few times of the year that I can catch up with my family, which are what my plans are for the holidays. Our family does celebrate Christmas, and it is definitely one of the most special days for us. We would wake up in the morning and exchange our gifts while eating breakfast together. Most of the time it would be just my parents, my brother, and sister, but my parents would throw at least one big party at their home for our entire extended family to come. This would usually be several days after Christmas Day, as we tried to keep Christmas Day just to ourselves.

Ben Jammin: So I take it that you miss your family?

Steffan: Yes, I do. Please understand me, I love wrestling and being apart of TWF, but Christmas is still a holiday to be with family in my opinion. I think I miss my brother and sister the most. I am the oldest of the three of us, and the two of them are still living at home and they definitely look up to me as the older brother. I miss getting to see them more often and continue to watch them grow up. They are always excited in hearing what I am doing in my life, and we have just been very close since as far back as I can remember.

Ben Jammin: Are there any other special memories that you have about Christmas and visiting your family?

Steffan: I think some of the other memories I have is riding my parents’ horses on snowy Christmas days. This may seem strange, but I am a huge animal lover. My parents have lots of land, and we always have several horses and dogs. We would always take the horses for a ride and enjoy the snowy atmosphere and see the beauty of everything around us. We also would occasionally get a carriage and do a family sleigh ride and just spend time together, and those were always very special to me. I also miss just playing with my parents’ dogs as well. They are always very friendly and very high-energy so playing with them is always a treat since I don’t get to have any animals of my own because of my schedule, so that is another highlight I am looking forward towards.

Ben Jammin: Are there any favorite foods for you during the holiday?

Steffan: Without a doubt, my mother has made an excellent goose with chestnut dressing. Nothing could top that. (Laugh) I also think I love this time of year in that I tend to splurge and break my routine diet that I strictly follow the rest of the year. I guess I see it as a reward for all the hard work I put in during the rest of the year while wrestling. Granted, anything that my family makes during Christmas is absolutely wonderful, and I just can not get enough.

Ben Jammin: Well, I hate to say this, but I believe that we are about out of time, but is there anything that you would like to say before we close, Prince Steffan?

Steffan: Yes, I first would like to thank all of the TWF fans for supporting me because without you I definitely would not be where I am today. I would also like to wish everyone in TWF and all of our fans, and wonderful holiday and enjoy the time you spend with your friends and family. Take it from me, cherish the time that you have, especially if you do not get to see them that much, make the most of it. Also, take time to relax and just enjoy this time. Finally, look out in 2009, as Prince Steffan will continue to make his impact on TWF and the wrestling world as a whole, so everyone, including our new World Champion, better look out for the “Young Lion of TWF".

Ben Jammin: Thank you for Prince Steffan for your time, and thank you for joining us for our first edition of “One-on-One.” Just a reminder that the draft is upcoming on Episode 30 of Turmoil, so definitely don’t miss out on that and see which TWF superstars are going where. Also, please keep checking TWFSE.com for all of the upcoming updates for TWF, and please feel free to leave your feedback as always. We will see you later, we hope that you look forward to another edition of “One-on-One.”


2 comments:

TWF Wrestling said...

INCREDIBLE JOB!!!
This interview is Awesome...
Can't wait till next week's interview!

TWF Wrestling said...

Another Excellent Interview w/Eva Dream! Great Job!!